background

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cards from my Birthday Card Marathon

Card marathons are my most popular workshops, and I thought I'd share with you the cards we made at my most recent card marathon.  We made four each of these cards for a total of 20 cards in one night!  Next card marathon class is coming up April 30 or May 1st.  Spots are filling up, so sign up soon!  Cost for the class is a $25 minimum order.
This card features our March Stamp of the Month, Potential.  I used Florentine paper, and stamped the images in Twilight and Garden Green.  "Birthday Greetings" comes from the D1514 Just a Number stamp set (a MUST have if you like to make birthday cards).

One of my favorite new stamp sets is in the Footloose Workshop on the Go Kit (G1036)--I love all of the solid sea creature images--they're perfect for the "rock and roll" stamping technique.  To get the multi-colored look, I inked my turtle stamp in Sweet Leaf ink and then rolled the edges of my turtle in Lagoon ink.  You can use this technique with any colors--just be sure to start with the lighter color first, then roll in the darker color.  Then, be sure you clean your stamp before you go back to the lighter color again.   I love this technique because each turtle is unique.  The sentiment comes from the Just a Number stamp set.
Inside the card


I made this card using the Stella paper pack.  The butterflies were cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge--I cut them at 3/4".  By the way, the scallop is also cut with the AP cartridge--cut it at 1" (you'll have to trim the length down a bit).  Birthday Wishes comes from the "Just a Number" stamp set.

I'm a big fan of the Pemberley paper pack because it makes such classy looking cards.  The flowers and "happy birthday" come out of the Card Word Puzzle stamp set (C1494).  I stamped them in Outdoor Denim and cut them out.  The leaves were cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge.

Okay--this is the cutest puppy dog stamp we've ever had. . .and the stamp set (A1126 A Bowwow) is only $6.95!!!  The argyle paper is from the Cruisin' paper packet.  I paired it with Twilight and black cardstock.  If you look closely, you'll notice that the puppy has an argyle collar. . .just stamp the dog on the argyle paper and cut out only the collar and glue it on top of the dog that you've already stamped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment